Thursday 27 November 2014

Hoarse

It was a mad house. The last thing I remember was the feeling of my stomach dropping as the plane fell through the air and the screams of the people around me. Then it went silent, and it went black. I woke up next to the shore, the water was clear and a bright shade of blue, the waves running up to my feet and back to the ocean. I quickly sat up and looked around, no one else was in sight. I stood and looked down at my body. My red and blue plaid school skirt was ripped, my blazer was slightly torn, and the one thing left on my feet were some extremely wet socks. At first I wasn't sure what to do, if it was a better idea to stay put, or look for others. I looked up at the beaming sun, the yellow and orange rays beating down on my face. At this point, I didn't know if there were any survivors. 
  
I'd been walking along the shore, and came to the conclusion that I was stranded on an island. Not to mention that I was crying most of the time. Out of nowhere, I hear a voice yell, "A  girl!" I quickly turned around, startled by the sudden sound of his voice. There, stood two boys, one with a frightened expression, and the other one carefree. I examined both of them, The frightened one had on a pair of silver-rimmed glasses. I noticed that he took deep breaths, and could hear him slightly wheezing as I walked closer to them. I now know him as Piggy. The carefree one, had fair hair and was smaller in size than Piggy. I now know him as Ralph. 

My throat was horse from crying, and screaming. I stood in front of them and asked:                         

"Are there any others? Any adults? Anyone?" They looked at me, and Ralph's carefree expression dropped slowly from his face. "We don't know." 
  



  

No comments:

Post a Comment