Friday 28 November 2014

The Bittersweet End

They killed him. They killed Simon. All of them. Not just one or two. All of them killed him. It was like mulberry boy all over again, no one acted as if anything had happened. They thought he was the beast, but they were incredibly wrong. I honestly cannot take this anymore. I've lost all hope. Who are they going to kill next? Me? Piggy? Ralph? I'm scared, I'm really scared. They stole Piggy's glasses late last night, when we were all sleeping. They attacked us. We would have shared the fire with them! All we wanted was to stick together, and just hold out until we were rescued. Stealing his glasses, was like killing Simon all over again.  

We couldn’t make fire without his glasses, it was nearly impossible. Ralph called for a meeting, and the boys who have not joined Jack's tribe, along with myself, come forward. We come to the conclusion, that we must get Piggy's glasses, or come to some kind of agreement. Ralph brings the conch shell with him as we make our way to Castle Rock. We arrive, and at first we are not able to get in to see Jack because the "guards" refuse to let us in, so Ralph blows the conch shells, trying to summon him, but the guards throw rocks and try to make us leave. Then, Jack appears, him and the hunters, along with a dead pig. Ralph and Jack immediately get into an argument. Ralph insists that Jack gives Piggy his glasses back, then and there. But he attacks him, I tried to separate them, but the guards quickly held me back. Jack tells his hunters, who are more like his minions, to tie Samneric up! This is what sent Ralph into full rage. he lunged at him, and they get into yet another fight. I didn't even bother trying to step in, but Piggy began to yell, trying to make his voice louder than the fight's voice. But as he's doing this, Roger throws a large rock towards Piggy and I's direction. Ralph hears it coming, and dodges it, but it struck Piggy, shattered the conch shell, and Piggy fell, he fell to his death. Before I could even begin to process what had just happened, they began to attack Ralph, I yelled out to him and told him to run, as I ran the other way.  

I've been hiding for awhile now, I have no idea whether Ralph is alive or not. All I know is that Simon is dead, because of them, and Piggy is dead because of them. I will not die, because of them. I have to survive, and I have to do it not only for myself, but for my friends, Piggy and Simon. I will survive for the little boy with the mulberry birthmark, because he was absolutely right. There is a beast, and the beast is inside all of us. We are the beast. I knew that if I stayed up any longer, I wouldn't make it. I made sure that I was well hidden, then went to sleep for a little bit. 

A little bit turned out to be much longer than I thought it would be. I was awoken the next morning by the sound of one of the twins crying out, and the boom of Jack's voice. I knew they were close, but I had no idea what was going on. I waited a few minutes, trying to figure out the rest of what was going on, but then, smoke quickly started filling the air, and I could no longer breath properly. I got up and ran, far from the voices, but they just keep getting closer, I got to the beach, and that's when I began to cry. It felt like the end. I looked to my left, to see Ralph emerge from behind one of the trees. Then I looked around to see if jack and the hunters were nearby, which they were, but I didn't care, because there was a naval officer in front of Ralph. I ran over to him, and collapsed next to Ralph, and Ralph wept for the end of innocence, the darkness of Man's heart, and the fall through the air of a wise, true friend called Piggy. I wept with him. For the boy with the mulberry birthmark, for Simon, for Piggy, and for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment