Thursday 27 November 2014

The Sow's Head

I'm sorry that I haven't written in awhile. I must catch you up. After the whole Robert incident, Simon volunteers to go back to camp and let Piggy know that they others won't be back until late, knowing that Piggy is the kind to fret. Then, the morning after, Ralph explains that he has seen the beast. Everyone was upset. This was probably the worst assembly we've ever had.  Piggy and I were confused, because just a few assemblies before, Ralph was claiming that there was no beast! Jack insists that Ralph is a coward and that he should no longer be chief. The other boys, including myself, refused to vote him out. Merridew has some real nerve. I think the island is making him worse than he was before. Then, he just left. Separated from the rest of us, storming off with saying one last thing, if anyone wants to join him, is welcome to.  

I could see Ralph's mood change completely; from confused about what he should do, to
sad. Really sad. Piggy suggests that we should build a fire on the beach, rather than on the mountain. Ralph wasn't as sad anymore. All the others, including myself, help out to build a new fire. However, when we wake up in the morning, many of the boys who were helping us build the fire, have disappeared. The only other place they could have went was to Jack's group. I think we're better off without them anyways. 

I could hear Jack's group hollering, and the clatter of footsteps across the ground. They killed a sow, and left it's head on a stick. Later on, they came to invite Piggy, Ralph, the others and I, to their feast. We all were tempted, but we refused. They even gave us an offer to join his "tribe."  

I decided that I needed some time for myself. Late in the night, I set off. I walked alone, with nothing but my thoughts. Then, I saw Simon. I wasn't afraid of him, but I still ducked behind a tree, and watched him. He sat down, staring blankly at something I couldn't see. He stared for awhile, I wanted so badly to see what it was. All of a sudden, He collapsed.  

"Simon!?" I screamed and lunged towards him. He was still breathing, which was a good sign. I turned to my left, and saw the Sow's head. Then I blacked out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment